A person must have a legal right to work in the United States. Tech companies often desire to hire foreign employees to work for them and a growing percentage of technology workers in the U.S. are foreign born. A tech company employer may be able willing to sponsor an employee to obtain a visa to work in the United States. The most common visa of this type is an H-1B visa, which is available to individuals who have a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent amount of experience as well as other requirements.